There are time (like after joining, doing a survey, etc) when you want to encourage people to tweet, but you don't want the URL of the "thank you" page getting tweeted, but would rather have the starting page being promoted.
Nationbuilder appends the current page's URL onto the end of the tweet, and it would be nice to have a checkbox on the facetweet edit form to make this appending optional.
I need to have a page's default face tweet text not include the auto-appended URL of the current page.
I altered the page's template to point to a new file that I created:
<b>Do you like this page?</b>
Liquid error: Could not find default template _like_page_no_twitter_url.html
And make a file based on _like_page.html hoping to be able to insert the text I want, but the URL still gets appended.
How can I do this?Official response from Lilia Villa completed
The line responsible for what is tweeted is this, within the _like_page.html:
<a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="none" data-text="" data-via="NationBuilder">Tweet</a>
The variable page.default_face_tweet_text is no longer available without the URL that is automatically appended. If you feel like this would be a valuable feature, please submit it to our suggestion page here. In the interim, you are correct. You will need to hardcode your tweet text to replace:
As an alternative to adding a different one for each page, for example, you can look into using one of these variables instead:
, , or
We've run into issues with donation pages.
The problem is that the there's inappropriate caching that happens if you visit a donation page, fail to complete the transaction, and then visit another donation page.The prices and choices offered will usually be from the original donation page, and pressing the clear doesn't seem to work properly anymore.Follow this procedure:
- launch chrome on the mac (this problem may exist in other browser/OS combination too, but I haven't checked
- go to http://www.albertaparty.ca/
- click on the "Join the Alberta Party" button on the right side
- choose the 5 year membership for $20
- Change your mind and decide to just make a donation instead, so click "Home" in main nav
- Click "Donate" on the right hand site
- Please notice that this page is broken, no longer showing the correct data and showing the previous option displayed on the previous donation page
- Click the "Clear order" link and notice that nothing happens.I guess my quesiton is, how can we create donation pages that are not confusing for the members of our nation and are also correct?Official response from C.J. MinsterCheng completed
Our engineers were able to resolve the problem on your site. The fix had been pushed out previously and works on sites using the donation pages without customization. The updated code was inserted into your customized donation themes. Unfortunately, there is no automatic way for us to update customized templates, but we try to resolve these types of problems as soon as they're discovered.
Please let us know if you run into any other quirks while growing your nation!
While I’m in the suggesting mood, being able to page through a few more rows from the import file would be good too.
1) Create a page
2) designate it as the splash page
3) delete the designated splash page
4) your site still thinks there is a splash page, so you get a 404Official response from Jim Gilliam completed
It sucks to be editing the intro blurb on the volunteer signup, suddenly remember another volunteer role you want to add, go add it and then discover you've lost all the unsaved changes to the intro blurb.
A popup window warning that there's an unsaved form on the page would bee a good feature.