There are two methods for canceling your account from your control panel. You can either pause or shut down the nation. Either method can be done from Settings > Billing > Close or pause account.
When you pause your nation:
- All of your data will be stored
- Web pages, profiles, and financial transactions will be available if you choose to resume
- You will not be billed again unless you un-pause your nation
- Your website will not be visible
To un-pause your nation:
Go to your control panel. The URL will be http:slug.nationbuilder.com/admin - replace "slug" with your nation name. Once you log in, you'll see a page like this:
Click on the "Resume nation building" button to un-pause your nation.
If you do not remember your nation slug, please email email@example.com for assistance. Any unpaid invoices must be paid before resuming your nation. Your nation's monthly invoice is normally sent relative to the day you started your nation; however, when you pause your nation, the monthly time frame will reset to the date of the pause.
When you shutdown your nation:
- All of your data will be deleted
- Your web pages, profiles, and financial transactions will be permanently deleted from our servers
- If you shut down your nation in error, contact us immediately and we may be able to restore it before deletion. After a nation is deleted, the content cannot be recovered.
When you click the "Shutdown my nation" button, a pop-up window will appear confirming your decision:
You must select "OK" to shutdown your nation.
If you cannot see the billing area of your control panel, your permission set does not allow you access. Please contact your nation's administrator for help completing these actions.