UPDATE 4/25: We found our person, we will announce who it is soon. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to apply.
We are looking for an experienced organizer to help grow our community of nation builders. The primary qualities we are looking for in this critical third member of our team are:
- You are an excellent writer and communicator across all media: emails, tweets, speeches, video.
- You are happiest when interacting with people, and people love being around you.
- Active in social media. If you don't tweet, this isn't for you.
- A distinctive, genuine, personality.
- Technically savvy, but you don't have to code or do HTML.
- Enjoy working from home with flexible hours, but lots of them.
- You should be as comfortable emailing customers as you are speaking at conferences.
- You are ready to take on the establishment.
You will be working with lots of political campaigns and non-profits, but this is a startup. We are funded, and the job includes stock options and health care benefits.
To apply, send an email to the email address you see in the footer of the page. It should include:
- Show us why we should interview you in 140 characters or less. (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it)
- Your Twitter account name
- If you are currently ghost-tweeting for an organizational account, let us know that too.
That's it, we don't want your resume, where you went to school, or anything like that. And we don't care how many followers you have, this is about your style, personality, and ability to communicate.
Ali Canada commented 2011-11-08 09:22:50 -0800MY name is Ali Canada,I am a Regional Organizer for MoveOn.org in Oklahoma and I have organized two MoveOn.org councils with 323 council members,this is a great thing because Oklahoma is red state . I am retired from UAW-Ford as Bargaining Representative and Organizer . I would like to see one day that we don’t have any poor in our Nation !!! I have done online organizing for MoveOn.org,DFA and hands on organizing for the UAW .What’s a big, cool thing I help started : Organizing Johnson Control for the UAW . Johnson Control is an Independent Parts Supplier . They are one of the major part suppliers for Ford Motor Company . I the 90’s only 1/2 percent of Johnson Control was organize with Unions and the employees wanted the whole company organize so they could have workers rights .
Ali A. Canada
515 S. 108th E. Ave
Tulsa, Ok 74128
Organize the progressive movement .
Skill: community organizing, negotiation and labor organizing. Education:
UAW labor school, Ypsilanti, Michigan High School,Three years of college
,Political Action and Civil Rights Training.
Council Coordinator, Regional Coordinator MoveOn.org,NAACP, UAW Political Action Committee
Amnesty International USA, DFA . Employment:
UAW- Ford Bargaining Representative retired, Ford Motor Company 33 years.