NationBuilder is actively seeking a Data Services Manager to join our growing Professional Services team in Los Angeles. As the Data Services Manager, you will lead a team responsible for designing and delivering data services that improve the NationBuilder customer experience. You will coach and develop a team of professionals with varied technical skill-sets. You will take an active role in scoping team objectives and adding capacity to the team to help meet those objectives. You will regularly assess team performance while always striving to increase team efficiency, expand team capacity, and improve upon the quality of the services it delivers.
Data Services is a customer focused team that works closely with Account Management, Implementation Services, Sales, and Technical Support to ensure that NationBuilder customers can make the most effective use of their data. From complex customer implementations, to issue resolution, to the ongoing maintenance and delivery of our National Voter File data, the Data Services team is focused on providing the tools and services that help make our customers successful with NationBuilder.
A successful Data Services Manager must be comfortable challenging convention. You will be expected to provide direct and honest feedback in an effort to improve the way we work together. You should always strive to see things from new perspectives, communicate clearly, and cultivate inclusion. Does this sound like you? Do you also have experience managing customer service-oriented teams? Do you have a working knowledge of web applications, relational databases, and/or RESTful APIs? This may be just the role for you.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all spectrums - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make change happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs.
What you'll do:
- Identify and track key metrics with the goal of promoting customer growth and reducing customer churn through data services
- Import, extract and transform data from relational databases using PostgreSQL and Ruby
- Oversee and assist with the regular acquisition, standardization, and import of nationwide voter data
- Facilitate the investigation, analysis, and successful resolution of customer data issues
- Motivate and inspire your team to consistently deliver high-quality results
- Expand the technical capabilities and overall capacity of the team
- Remove barriers to delivering delightful customer experiences
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about quality data. Clean data makes you excited and you are always striving for perfection.
- You take the time to make sure your work is easy to understand and the tools you provide are clear and easy to use.
- You can explain technical concepts to non-technical people and inspire confidence in proposed solutions.
- You are a problem solver who is detail oriented and a thoughtful listener.
- You are able to identify areas of growth for an individual and turn them into strengths.
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process.
- You lead by example and are excited to help tech professionals develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- You have interests beyond work. Perhaps you’re a photographer, a snowboarder, a great cook or an aspiring unicyclist?
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data Services Manager”. Tell us why you're a good fit for the job!