NationBuilder is the future of online organizing
NationBuilder is quickly becoming the
platform of choice for startup nonprofits
Young and growing nonprofits are choosing NationBuilder to expand their reach and grow their communities. The new America Bikes site is a beautiful example of leveraging NationBuilder’s affordable and powerful theming engine and people database to accelerate a movement. America Bikes is a small non-profit partnering with bike and pedestrian advocates across the country to influence Congress on behalf of cyclists. Their new site, designed by the certified NationBuilder Architects at Liberal Art, builds community around cycling and provides legislative contact information and statistics for local activists to contact their own representatives and advocate for cycling-friendly policies.
NationBuilder is the platform of choice for change
More than a dozen Alberta Party candidates are using NationBuilder and many switched their sites from WordPress to take advantage of our integrated organizing toolkit incuding Sue Huff, a municipal candidate in Edmonton. The Alberta Party also moved the party's own site to NationBuilder. Here's Huff in her own words: "We are starting our own mini-revolution in Alberta, Canada with NationBuilder. It is the platform for the Alberta Party - a small, but growing party committed to re-engaging citizens in their own democracy. Alberta is unique for its long-standing one-party rule. It's been over 40 years of one party domination. This undermines voter turnout (only 40 percent of Albertans voted in the last election), voter engagement and democratic discussion. ... Even though only 20 percent of the population actually actively CHOSE this government, the other 80 percent feel powerless to do anything about it. We are in the beginning stages of a movement, an awakening... but NationBuilder is a tool that is very needed in our province! Thank you!"
"I'm my dad's biggest fan - and we use NationBuilder"
Karissa Yee works in the education field in Los Angeles and runs her dad's campaign for San Francisco Supervisor. Her dad, Norman Yee, is currently president of the SF School Board and candidate for supervisor in SF's District 7. Norman was one of the first people we talked to when NationBuilder was expanding its outreach to municipal candidates around the world. Norman said his kids were getting ready to set up his website, and sure enough, they went with NationBuilder. They were even ahead of their consultant, who knew about NationBuilder but hadn't used it before. From Karissa Yee's Twitter bio: "Never would've said this as a teen - now I'm my dad's biggest fan! Reforming schools in LA and running the #NormanYeeforSupervisor SF Campaign in my free time."
Projects that need radical scaling choose NationBuilder
Several months of reporting and organizing went into the March 19 launch of the State Integrity Investigation. When the full 50-state investigation was released, site traffic spiked 15,000 percent overnight to 62,000 unique visitors and nearly 300,000 hits. That's why NationBuilder is the choice for affordable community websites for organizations like Public Radio International, lead sponsor of the stateintegrity.org site.
Our partners build their own sites on NationBuilder
NationBuilder implementation experts like Wrangler Media, Tim Wayne and cStreet Campaigns are building their own sites on NationBuilder, and payment processor Democracy Engine, a top choice to power many NationBuilder customers' donation pages, hired Wrangler Media to convert its own website to NationBuilder. "The biggest reason I made the switch was the combination of price and a reasonably intuitive, but very flexible CMS," said Democracy Engine founder Jonathan Zucker.
Large unions are growing with NationBuilder
1199SEIU, one of the nation's largest unions, was an early adopter of NationBuilder for labor organizing. "We use NationBuilder because it provides us with a centralized management system for content, social media, sms, email and lists," said 1199SEIU.org designer Errol King. "It comes with a ton of functionality out of the box. We saw it as a very forward thinking platform. I'm excited to see more features added and increased access to its API."