I'd like to find out how backups work in NationBuilder, and what the best practices are.
Just go into Settings > Snapshots and any administrator can download a snapshot of your PostgreSQL 9 database.
Remember, NationBuilder is backed up in real-time automatically so your data is always safe. This is so you can download your database if you need to leave NationBuilder, or if you are about to do something dramatic, like delete a lot of people. If you snapshot the database, we will have a fighting chance of restoring the info you might have deleted.
What is backed up:
- All Supporter, Prospect, Non-Supporter information (including notes)
- All custom lists and tags
- All Activity stream information, including comments, Tweets, Facebook post likes, and flags
- All Pages and page-types created
- All Event RSVPs and shifts
- All page/user follows and follow up settings
- All Donations, invoices, tracking codes, and merchant accounts
- All Data imports, Legacy imports, and redirect pages
- All Text, Voice, and Email messages including Broadcasters
- All Email blasts older than 14 days
Restoring your website
You do not have the ability to restore your database - please contact NationBuilder support for help with this.
To restore your snapshot on your own postgres database, you can use these commands. It assumes you have a UTF-8 encoded database called "nbuild" with a user of "nbuild" already set up, and that your nation's slug is "abeforprez"
psql -d nbuild -U nbuild -h 127.0.0.1 --password -c "CREATE SCHEMA nbuild_abeforprez; CREATE SCHEMA shared_extensions; CREATE EXTENSION hstore WITH schema shared_extensions; CREATE EXTENSION dblink WITH schema shared_extensions; CREATE EXTENSION citext WITH schema shared_extensions; CREATE EXTENSION pg_trgm WITH schema shared_extensions;"
pg_restore -d nbuild --password --format=c -U nbuild -h 127.0.0.1 --schema="nbuild_abeforprez" --verbose --clean --no-acl --no-owner nbuild_abeforprez-4f231bcdc2e48c27ef000003-20120127.dump
Replace that last filename with the filename of the snapshot that you downloaded.
Ame Stanko tagged this with Helpful 2014-04-28 22:49:19 -0700
Matthew Pancione tagged this with Advanced 2013-04-30 08:53:29 -0700
Matthew Pancione tagged this with Important 2013-04-30 08:53:28 -0700
Matthew Pancione tagged this with Advanced 2013-03-14 15:40:53 -0700
Matthew Pancione tagged this with Important 2013-03-14 15:40:53 -0700
Matthew Pancione responded 2013-03-14 15:40:20 -0700