Infrequently, you may end up with data you want to get rid of in your nation. Please note: deleting a single person's profile or batch deleting profiles cannot be reversed.
To delete everyone from your nation:
- Open the People section of your nation's Control Panel.
- Using the drop-down menus at the top of the page, filter your view so that it shows you all of the people in your nation (as pictured below). Then, use the "plus" button on the lefthand side to add all of those people to a list.
- (Optionally) Remove your nation's admins, staffers, etc., from this list.
- Batch delete everyone from the list you created in Step 2.
A couple of tips:
- If a person has made any donations to your nation, you cannot delete his profile until you delete all donations associated with the person. You can sort donations from Finances > Donations
- Consider making a snapshot backup of your database from Settings > Snapshots before you begin batch deleting, so your nation can be restored if necessary.
Ian Hines commented 2013-09-10 11:01:48 -0700Carl — I just rewrote the response above. Hopefully it will now be more helpful.
Carl Turner commented 2013-09-09 20:28:44 -0700I’m not fining this advise/instruction helpful at all. I want to ‘clear’ out my database of everyone except for Admin level people – following the above instructions does not work – there is no change.
Ian Hines commented 2013-04-23 07:54:53 -0700Stephanie — Many apologies. We actually replaced the “Shopping Cart” with a slightly different interface some time ago, but it looks like we hadn’t yet updated this FAQ. I’ve made a slight change to the answer above and included a screenshot of the + button you’ll need to click in order to add people to a list.
You’ll see this + button anywhere you have a list of people (as well as on individual profiles), though it’s location may vary. If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your point person.
Stephanie Goodwin commented 2013-04-23 03:13:35 -0700I am looking to delete all my contacts and start over. I followed the advance list via the origin route, clicked the + sign but I don’t see where I can add them to the shopping cart or to delete them.