NationBuilder is actively seeking a Product Manager to help ship the right product to our customers. The product team is responsible for doing the research to define the product, gathering the metrics to evaluate the product, and creating the specification (written, drawn, or otherwise) to build the product. Product managers hold the space for engineers to be the most effective by setting clear priorities, building solid processes, and removing blockers. This means we are searching for people who are excellent listeners, clear communicators, and willing to do whatever it takes.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. Read about our mission and beliefs. For more information about NationBuilder, please visit our website.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the engineers to improve NationBuilder. Make decisions, prioritize work, and get the team what they need. Bubble up issues, represent the product vision, and ship a great product.
- Define and assess the quality of the product
- Communicate with the rest of the company and our customers about the projects that are in progress, and the team's priorities
- Facilitate the conversations and experiences needed to ship the best product, and align our entire community with the product direction
We are looking for:
- Strong drive to find and solve customers' most important problems.
- Communicate clearly, openly, and without ego. You seek out healthy confrontation to get your team members on the same page.
- Driven to make the right decision based on available data, and a desire to continuously improve that decision based on new data.
- Ability to manage your time and attention well.
- Have passions in addition to tech, maybe you’re an artist or a musician, love to knit or cook, or are obsessed with the outdoors.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, email email@example.com with the subject “Product Manager”. Tell us why you're a good fit for the job in 140 characters or less (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it). In lieu of a resume, send us a cover letter that tells us about how you'll make our product development process faster, more effective, and more inclusive.