You can duplicate a website within your nation or share a site with another nation, allowing that nation to use the site.
Some reasons to use site sharing:
- You want to iterate your nation's main website while keeping the current version live for the public.
- You manage a national organization and want to provide a website framework for local chapters. By sharing the site with other nations, you give them the opportunity to get started with a site created exactly for their needs.
- As a designer, you want to share a site's architecture and design with your clients. By sharing a custom theme, a client's website can have the unique look / feel you've created. By sharing a site, a client's website can have the same page structure, including copy and images, that you've already designed.
- Sharing a site
- What information is included in a shared site?
- Create a site from a shared site
- Related HOWTOs
Sharing a site
Go to Website > [Site Name] > Site settings > Sharing
Check the box next to "Share this site"
Several fields will open up once you check this box, as seen below:
You need to provide a name and description of the site in order to share it. The description can explain what type of site you've shared or you can provide a list of the pages included in your site.
To share the site with another nation, enter the nation's slug in the "Share with nation" field. To be able to duplicate a site within the same nation it was created, you don't need to enter a slug in this field.
You'll need to check the box next to "Include user submitted pages" for those pages to be included in the copy of the site. To complete the process, click the "Share Site" button.
What information is included in a shared site?
When you create a new site from a site type, the following information is (and isn't) copied over from the template.
|"After Action" page slugs||✓|
|Customized page-level templates||✓|
|Event RSVPs & attendees||✓|
|Featured content sliders||✓|
|Page author & date||✓|
|Page user submitted?||✓|
|Payment processor/ActBlue credentials||✓|
|People tags (from any page)||✓|
|Point person assignments||✓|
|Volunteer roles & tags||✓||
Creating a site from a shared site
Once a site is shared with your nation, it will appear at the top of the list of Site Types when you create a new site. Go to Websites > New Site
Sites shared with your nation will be listed at the end of the icons of available sites. Be sure to select the shared site - it will then be highlighted in blue and the name will turn blue. Then click the "Launch site" button.