NationBuilder is the world's first community organizing system – bringing organizing not just to all types of political candidates and nonprofit organizations, but now rapidly expanding its community of foundations, community organizations, charities, alumni networks, schools, and educational institutions who are organizing and growing with NationBuilder technology.
We are actively looking for organizers who want to live in L.A. and have a background in large nonprofits, university communities, and alumni networks.
Our organizers love serving people, and are tech savvy enough to know our product inside and out. The primary qualities we are looking for in new members of our growing team are:
- You either are or could be a world class communicator.
- You have significant experience building communities, and a solid understanding of both the mechanics and theory of organizing.
- You understand how technology like NationBuilder is used to bring people together for a cause.
- You hate asking "quick questions" and enjoy the challenge of figuring things out yourself.
- You think clearly under pressure and are comfortable talking on the phone and emailing all day.
- You are happiest when interacting with people, building relationships, and people love being around you.
- You are interesting -- maybe you know another language, have a crazy life story, or are a struggling comedian, just something different.
- You're able to live in Los Angeles.
We are a well-funded startup, and the job includes stock options and health care benefits. The starting salary is $55k and grows with success. If you're passionate about how organizing can change the world and want to do it on a massive scale, this is for you.
To apply, send an email to the "jobs" address you see in the footer of this page. It should include:
- Tell us why we should talk to you in 140 characters or less. (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it)
- Your website or resume
- Which office(s) you are interested in
We're seeking a full-time visual designer to create beautiful and compelling vector illustrations, infographics and other visual designs to help communicate sophisticated concepts into a visual language that is easy to understand.
You will work within the design team from our beautiful office in Los Angeles, California, where you will collaborate on the diverse scope of design needs for NationBuilder, a genre-defining product that is already changing peoples lives. This is a great opportunity to have your work seen and appreciated widely, and to influence the evolution of visual design at a company that is growing rapidly.
NationBuilder is the world's first community organizing system – bringing organizing not just to all types of political candidates and nonprofit organizations, but to authors, filmmakers, and anyone building a community around what they do.
- You are passionate about creating compelling vector illustrations and have exceptional attention to detail
- You love the challenge of distilling complicated concepts into easy to understand visual designs and infographics
- You obsess over typography, readability, space, color, tone, and balance
- You have a strong work ethic, quick learner and willing to work with a fast-paced team
- You hate asking "quick questions" and enjoy the challenge of figuring things out yourself
- You are interesting -- maybe you know another language, have a crazy life story, or are a struggling musician, just something different
To apply, please send a URL to your online portfolio, your resume and why this is a job for you in 140 characters or less to firstname.lastname@example.org.