The pricing between the Leader and Organization tiers seems to be a steep jump.
Our budding organization is small. We operate with two core members and a handful of volunteers when their schedules allow. No one gets paid for the work we do and our cashflow from supporters is minimal until we can get everyone (10,000+ individuals) moved over from our Facebook group birthplace (which is hindered by Facebook's dreaded "Other" folder and algorithms).
While I realize this request seems rather specific to our org in particular I feel there may be other budding businesses or organizations that need some, but maybe not all of the features and benefits the Organization tier provides, but they currently can't afford that tier until those features help them operate in a professional manner that attracts that type of income and contributions. It's a kind of a chicken and egg scenario.
At this juncture we certainly don't need everything Organization provides.
* 10 action websites (maybe 4?)
* Email A/B testing and scheduling (would be nice to have, but is not necessary)
* Text messaging<http://nationbuilder.com/text_messaging> (not something we use currently)
* Memberships (we need this for sure)
* User submitted events (we use this and it would be nice if there was some way to prevent bots without having to play gatekeeper to this page)
* Custom permissions (yes we use this)
* Advanced goals dashboard (very helpful as we grow) Services included:
* Technical support 7 days/week (we use this currently)
* Basic onboarding (we use this currently)
* Access to the Community Strategist team (Alex is great and super helpful!)
I realize some features cost you guys more in labor overhead and thus why a price increase would be necessary, but our org has never had an issue with memberships and based on how we operate do not expect any issues with that particular feature in the future either. How we run it is pretty straight forward. Just wanted to put it out there that there are probably a lot of us "little guys" out here that would like to be bigger clients of yours if you just give us the chance to get our footing and help us grow! We are very loyal to Nationbuilder and often refer you to our website users for their own projects as well.
Thank you Jon - while pricing is not something that is likely to change in the near future I definitely hear your concern and will pass it on. There is another similar suggestion for a plan that includes Leader + Memberships that you may want to follow as well.