The purpose of the redirect page is to direct your visitors to an external website from a tab on your NationBuilder site. It can be used like any other NationBuilder page and can be included in navigation bars, sidebar buttons, featured content sliders, and hyperlinks.
Table of Contents
- Create a redirect page
- Redirect to pages on your website
- Use redirect pages as custom recruiter links
- Related HOWTOs
Create a redirect page
Create a new page by going to your website and selecting + New page.
1. Enter the name and slug of the page.
2. Select the Redirect page type.
3. Decide whether this will be included in the top nav or supporter nav.
4. Click Create Page .
You will be directed to the “Redirect settings” of your newly created page.
1. Enter the URL of the page you would like to redirect to. You must include the “http://” part of the address.
2. Click Save redirect .
Now, any person who visits “mynation.nationbuilder.com/my_slug” will be redirected to “nationbuilder.com.” Note that redirect pages can be used with custom domains.
Once you redirect page you may include it in different areas of your site including your top navigation bar:
Redirect to pages on your website
You may also redirect people to other pages on your website. In this case, you do not need to input the full URL, you only need to put in a forward slash “/” followed by the slug of the page.
Click Save redirect to save your changes.
Redirecting to pages on your own site is helpful for your SEO, particularly if you frequently delete pages. For any deleted page, you can re-use the previous slug and redirect to a new page on your site.
Use redirect pages for custom recruiter links
Redirect pages can also be used for special purposes such as custom recruiter URLs.
1. Begin by entering a name and slug for the custom link.
2. Input the slug of the page you wish to direct recruits. In this case it is a donate page.
3. Follow the slug with a question mark.
4. In a new tab, find the id number of the person you want listed as recruiter. This number is visible in every person’s profile.
Then input the “recruiter_id=” and type the correct number into the textbox.
When someone clicks on the redirect link they will be taken to the donate page. Any donation made through that link will list Sally as a recruiter. This makes it easy for Sally to encourage her friends to donate by visiting:
Consider creating custom URLs for all of your volunteer recruiters or fundraisers.