About The Beag Co.
The Beag Co. is a full-service digital agency for campaigns & causes. We combine effective digital strategy, state-of-the-art campaign tools, and elegant design to make sure your online efforts generate offline results.
We’re helping some of the biggest conservative campaigns and organizations — both in the United States and internationally — develop and implement cutting edge digital + field strategies to win elections, influence public policy, and promote conservative values.
We build exclusively with NationBuilder — the world’s first community organizing system. Part website platform, part people database, NationBuilder acts as the hub of the wheel: connecting clients’ suite of apps and services together in a user-friendly system.
About the job
We’re looking for a talented, motivated front-end web developer who will be responsible for building the front-end of web properties (as well as a participating in their design). We’re an intentionally small, distributed team of experienced web designers, developers, and digital campaign strategists — and we’re looking to you to help create the elegant and effective web properties for which we have come to be known.
This is a new position, and we’ll be looking for you to show initiative just as much as you’ll be looking to us for direction. Show that you can be counted on, and you’ll be given opportunities to learn, grow, and excel. We’re not looking for a cog in a wheel: we’re looking for someone we can invest in and who’ll, in turn, be invested in our mission.
What you’ll be doing
- You’re going to be building some of the most cutting-edge campaign and nonprofit websites on the web today, setting the standard for web design & development in conservative politics.
- You’re responsible for front end development, such as turning working AI and Photoshop files into mobile responsive, user-aware NationBuilder websites.
- You’ll exercise your own design judgement on countless “little big details” throughout a site’s design and development to fill in any gaps in mockups and wireframes.
- You’ll be testing for bugs and browser compatibility of client properties.
- You’re responsible for ensuring compliance with basic principles of web accessibility and progressive enhancement.
Your skills include:
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- strong knowledge of modern Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3);
- an eye for typography, whitespace, and other details that occur at the intersection of design and code;
- familiarity with the Adobe Creative product suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator;
- experience with git, subversion, or other source control tools;
- ability and willingness to learn new languages, tools, and approaches;
- passion for conservatives politics and digital organizing;
- a strong work ethic and self-management skills (You’ll be working remotely, so you need to manage your own schedule and stay on task.); and
- experience with NationBuilder (strongly preferred, but not required).
A little about you
- You’re a conservative committed to building a freer, stronger society rooted in traditional values.
- You believe that the truth is the truth, even if no one believes it.
- You get fired up at the idea of using digital strategy to spur offline action.
- You love data-driven decision making.
- When you load up a campaign or nonprofit’s website, you immediately (a) check what typefaces they’re using, (b) test for bugs, or (c) do both of those things (you just can’t help it).
The nuts and bolts stuff
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2015
Job Status: This is a full time position and starts with a 3 month probationary contract
Due to the high volume of applications being received, we can only respond to successful candidates.