- How to update billing and credit card information
- Forms of payment accepted
- Inactive and overdue nations
- Cancel your account
- Confidentiality of your nation
The person who starts a nation is automatically added as the nation's contact person and the credit card information is stored. (Note that your entire credit card number is never stored within a NationBuilder database, rather a portion of the number is stored as a reminder of the card used.)
Only control panel users with permission to access the Settings > Billing section of your control panel will be able to update a nation's credit card. Learn more about custom permission sets in NationBuilder.
The credit card used to pay for your nation can be easily updated from Settings > Billing > Credit cards.
Change the billing contact person for your nation at Settings > Billing > Contact Person. This person will receive emails from our billing email address for reminders of invoices due and receipts for payments.
Ways to pay:
Accepted forms of payment for monthly Leader and Organization customers:
- Only credit card payments are accepted for monthly Leader and Organization plans.
Accepted forms of payment for annual Leader and Organization customers:
- We accept credit cards, wires and checks (US only) for annual Leader and Organization plans.
Accepted payments for Enterprise and Network customers:
- We accept credit cards, wires, and checks (US only) for Enterprise and Network plan customers.
*Checks for Leader or Organization monthly plans will not be accepted. The check will be returned to the sender.
Forms of payment:
- When paying by credit card, please keep your credit card information current to prevent any service interruptions. Instructions to update your nation’s billing information can be found here.
- When paying by check, please include the following information about your nation: invoice number, nation slug, and your full name. Send your check through Fedex, UPS, or certified mail with USPS. Please do not send checks without mail tracking numbers.
- When paying by wire transfer, (internationally or in the US) follow the instructions for paying the invoice. After the wire has been sent, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: nation slug, name of sender, invoice number, amount, and date.
- It is currently not possible to pay using PayPal.
If you sign up for a nation but don't install it, we will delete the install after 30 days. If your nation is overdue, you will receive notices and we will pause it after 90 days. To automatically un-pause your nation please log in to your control panel and pay any overdue invoices.
There are two methods for canceling your account from your control panel. You can either pause or shut down the nation. Either method can be done from Settings > Billing > Close or pause account.
When you pause your nation:
- All of your data will be stored
- Web pages, profiles, and financial transactions will be available if you choose to resume
- You will not be billed again unless you un-pause your nation
- Your website will not be visible
To un-pause your nation:
Go to your control panel. The URL will be http:slug.nationbuilder.com/admin - replace "slug" with your nation name. Once you log in, you'll see a page like this:
Click on the Resume nation building button to un-pause your nation.
If you do not remember your nation slug, please email email@example.com for assistance. Any unpaid invoices must be paid before resuming your nation.
When you shutdown your nation:
- All of your data will be deleted
- Your web pages, profiles, and financial transactions will be permanently deleted from our servers
- If you shut down your nation in error, contact us immediately and we may be able to restore it before deletion. After a nation is deleted, the content cannot be recovered.
When you click the Shutdown my nation button, a pop-up window will appear confirming your decision:
You must select OK to shutdown your nation.
If you cannot see the billing area of your control panel, your permission set does not allow you access. Please contact your nation's administrator for help completing these actions.
NationBuilder has several levels of administrative access to help you manage your nation and keep it secure. Only people you grant access to the control panel can view and update your database, and we do not share your data with anyone. A small number of NationBuilder employees have access to your database to assist with customer support requests.
Each of our employees signs a strict confidentiality policy that covers employee access to your data. You can read our confidentiality policy here. Additionally, we have a policy in place regarding conflicts and employee ethics.