- Facebook events are not able to connect to NationBuilder
- Facebook RSVPs aren't logging in nations
- Changes to Facebook's user IDs are causing issues with profiles
As of June 21st, 2019, Facebook has changed the way they assign user IDs from being app-scoped (1 Facebook ID per-person across all pages managed by the NationBuilder app) to being page-scoped (1 Facebook ID, per-person, per-Facebook page), and changed the way in which Profile Images are accessed by that new page-scoped ID.
This has resulted in a few changes to the way this data shows up in NationBuilder:
1. If someone interacted with your Broadcaster-linked Facebook page before June 21, 2019, and then interacted with the same page now, their original (now outdated) Facebook ID will be updated to reflect the new Facebook ID format. Subsequent Facebook Page interactions will be logged to this profile as normal.
For the month of July 2019, duplicate signup profiles would have been created for supporters who interacted with the Facebook page; now that we update the ID instead of create a duplicate profile, remaining duplicates will be automatically merged in the first half of August (you'll see a "merged by NationBuilder Support" activity stream item where this happens).
2. Profiles previously imported after a user interacted with a Broadcaster-linked Facebook page will no longer display their Facebook profile image in the nation, and the images will not be available moving forward when imported through Facebook interactions.
3. For users with 2+ Broadcaster-linked Facebook pages in the same page, a given supporter will now have a separate Facebook ID depending on which profile they interact with. As a result, if the profiles are merged, another profile will still be created in the future when that user interacts with one of the pages again. This only impacts Facebook pages that are targeting the same subset of users; Multiple pages that target different regions, districts, or other demographic subsets of users with their multiple Facebook pages in the same nation will not experience this profile duplication.
Please note that profiles with an email address that is then Matched to a given Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn profile will remain unchanged, and future additions of the same type will continue to be added with Profile Images; this change only impacts users added to the nation as a result of liking a post on a Broadcaster-linked Facebook page.
- Facebook links on some profiles are broken
- NationBuilder Match - matches a known email address to a particular Facebook profile/username. These links do now and should continue to resolve in the future.
- When a person logs into a nation via Facebook, or authorizes NationBuilder to have access to the Facebook profile. This method uses a link that contains an ID specific to that person’s Facebook profile that is also specific to the application that the person authorized to have access to their FB account. This is generally a string of numbers, and these are the links that currently do not resolve. We are at present considering our options moving forward on how to handle this given Facebook’s updated authorization and privacy policies.
The behavior causing Facebook supporters to be re-imported as Facebook-only duplicate profiles as a result of Facebook's ID format change has been addressed, and duplicate profiles that can be confidently merged will be automatically merged in the first half of August 2019.
The above information under 'Changes to Facebook's user IDs are causing issues with profiles' has been updated to reflect this.
Please see above for additional information under 'Changes to Facebook's user IDs are causing issues with profiles'.
Update - January 2, 2019.
Issues connecting Facebook to a broadcaster are now resolved. We continue to work with Facebook to restore other functionality in our integration. The outstanding issues with the integration are listed in the description above.