NationBuilder is adding a Sales Development Representative to our team. You will be responsible for responding to incoming leads, qualifying opportunities, driving free-trial conversions, closing non-enterprise deals, and ultimately adding more customers & revenue to NationBuilder. As part of the Sales Team, you will be responsible for generating new leads/customers/revenue and contributing to the overall advancement of corporate sales goals. The right candidate will be an energetic person with passion and innate drive to excel at any task. Experience in advocacy, nonprofit, or campaign spaces is a plus. As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – the person must have the ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and be deeply committed to our mission of serving the world’s leaders.
Role & Responsibilities
- Converting free trials to new customers
- Following up on and converting other leads
- Closing deals with non-enterprise customers
- Creating/identifying opportunities for the enterprise sales team
- Conducting product demos and providing consultation on the product & pricing plans
- Lead generation through target account selling, outbound cold calling/emailing, and other sales/marketing activities
- Meet monthly and quarterly lead/sales objectives
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the NationBuilder product and value proposition
- Demonstrate clear understanding of NationBuilder’s sales processes
- Highly motivated; Can work in a rapidly growing company and industry
- Listens to customers; Tailors messages to customers based on their needs
- Aggressively hunts for new sales opportunities and follows up professionally on leads.
- Ability to communicate value of NationBuilder’s product & value prop in a clear and succinct manner
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
- Passion for the NationBuilder mission
- Experience working with advocacy, nonprofit, or political groups is a plus, but not required.
- We are fiercely nonpartisan; you must be open to working with any political party, campaign, and organizations from all backgrounds and missions
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply email your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Sales Development Representative”. Tell us why you're a good fit for the job in 140 characters or less (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it).