Grow your design business as an Architect
Architects are certified NationBuilder designers who both design and implement beautiful custom NationBuilder website themes — serving a range of customers from political candidates to nonprofits, community businesses to large organizations.
Demand for designers is high, so if you are already creating great website designs you should apply to become a NationBuilder Architect. We'll hook you up with a free nation to hone your skills and learn our theming system, which extends HTML with the liquid template language, and CSS with Sass.
Once you demonstrate that you can build world class themes in NationBuilder using your sandbox, we'll refer customers to you. It's that simple.
Why become a certified architect?
Receive referrals via the directory
When certified, set up your profile in the NationBuilder directory to become visible to thousands of NationBuilder customers; helping you to make connections and build your business.
Access the Partner Portal
Architect partners will gain access to the NationBuilder Partner portal, where they will be able to receive access to resources, custom training and share best practice.
Get matched & sell your themes
Join our partner ecosystem Slack
Certified experts can join the NationBuilder ecosystem slack space, where you can get advance access to product releases and crowdsource solutions in a dedicated architect group.
Become an Architect
Join hundreds of certified NationBuilder Partners; sign up today to receive more information about the architect certification process and being your journey to become certified.Become a partner
Trusted by partners across the globe.
Our clients often have trouble creating a digital presence that connects their mission to their audience and donor base. Combining a web platform, communication tool, and people database in one platform, NationBuilder really shines when you’re rallying a community around your organization and work.
“We’ve believed in NationBuilder since its beginning: we built our entire business model around it, based our innovative growth strategy on it, became Alliance Partners and alpha- and beta-testers of its new features, and brought in 30 new clients in a single year last year.”
Tyler Johnson & Jeff Slater
Founders, Progressive Nation
“Our partnership with NationBuilder is central to our work as a digital campaign agency. We collaborate with their team daily — to help new non-profits launch their first website, develop advanced organizing systems for major campaigns, and everything in between. We really appreciate NationBuilder’s openness, adaptability, and commitment to fostering long-term, productive relationships with its clients and partners.”
Operations Director, Code Nation
How to prepare for Architect Certification?
How do I get certified as a NationBuilder Architect?
There are two routes for becoming a certified NationBuilder Architect, as follows:
- Theme Editing Process (For designers looking to learn how to build on NationBuilder, with a more supported and guided process): If you are experienced with HTML and CSS, but less familiar with NationBuilder's theming process and liquid; then this step by step process may be better suited to you. You will be required to make customisations to a website theme and in doing so display understanding of key NationBuilder concepts. We want to help you along in this process so you will be able to reach out if you get stuck along the way and we can help to point you in the right direction. More information on this process here.
- Theme Creation Process (For designers familiar with building on NationBuilder): If you are familiar with NationBuilder website themes or have already built a website theme on NationBuilder, then this will be the best process for you. You will be required to demonstrate a theme that is built from bootstrap framework and asked to ensure it meets a number of key criteria. This can be ideal if you are building a website for your own use or as a base for existing or future clients. More information on this process here.
What benefits do certified NationBuilder architects receive?
- Listing in our Partner Directory, where you can advertise your work to thousands of existing NationBuilder customers
- Ability to sell website and email themes via the NationBuilder Theme Marketplace
- Ability to sign up for the NationBuilder Professional Matching Service
- Access to Partner Portal which includes a number of free resources, including training
- Co-marketing and joint sales opportunities
- Access to exclusive Slack community for ecosystem partners (including a dedicated architect channel).
- Early access to beta features and product roadmap insights
- Ability to enter into commercial partnerships such as Solutions Program and Alliance Program
How does the NationBuilder Partner Directory work?
As a NationBuilder Partner you can gain access to our Partner Directory, meaning you can build out your own profile, advertising your work and listing out projects and case studies you’ve built in the past. This gives you exposure to thousands of existing NationBuilder customers who will be able to search based on the criteria that they need.
In order to set up your partner profile, just log in to the partner portal and update your settings via the image in the top right hand corner.
What is the NationBuilder Partner Matching Service?
The NationBuilderPartner Matching Service, powered by 99 Designs, is a service to help NationBuilder customers looking for certified professionals to help with their technical or strategic use of NationBuilder, and get connected with certified NationBuilder partners. Just fill out a simple form to tell us what you need and you’ll get introduced to professionals. For more information and to get started, click here.
What is the NationBuilder Theme Marketplace?
The NationBuilder software platform is used by thousands of leaders and organizations worldwide to build communities and lead people to action. While the platform offers customers a handful of free stock website themes, the theme marketplace exists to dramatically expand the number of professional themes available. If you or your organization loves crafting professional, modern and smartly designed NationBuilder website themes, this is a great opportunity to generate revenue and expand your business. Click here for more information.
What other certification types are available?
Experts: Support Customers day to day use of NationBuilder as a super user
Developers: Work with the NationBuilder API and build out apps and integrations.