Volunteering as data/e-day coordinator for the mayoral campaign for a candidate for my small city (about 11,500 person electorate). Using NationBuilder as our web presence/database, but are facing an issue here at E-14. There is a very short electoral period (only 4 weeks) and as such we only got the voters' list two weeks ago. All our pre-list canvassing data and the voters' list are now in our nation; however, the voter's list has no phone #s so our volunteers who want to do phoning to support our candidate have nothing to do. I was able to source a commercial phone book for our town and uploaded it to our nation Friday evening; however, NationBuilder does not seem to recognize the many duplicate entries in our nation for de-duplication despite them having the same name & address. Any advice on how to deal with this issue would be very appreciated, there is a Mayoral debate tonight (Monday), but would love to find a way to get this by tomorrow to get volunteers on the phones that evening!
With regards to the deduplication, the automated duplicate suggestions are created in the following scenarios:
- Two profiles have the same name. One has an email address and the other profile does not.
- Two profiles have the same name and different email addresses. A single profile can have up to four email addresses.
- Two profiles have the same name. One has a Facebook account while the other profile does not.
- Two profiles have the same name. One has a Twitter account and the other does not.
- Two profiles have the same name. One has a Facebook account and the other has a Twitter account.
- Two profiles have the same name. One has one of the following voter IDs: PF Strat ID, State file ID, County file ID, VAN ID, NBEC GUID.
Complete and current information on how to use NationBuilder is available in the documentation section.