This is a guest post written by Dennis Sinden, Commercial Director of SpeechKit, the first all-in-one toolkit for automated audio news publishing. SpeechKit seamlessly creates, distributes, tracks and monetises hyperrealistic audio editions of the news stories and newsletters on your NationBuilder site in seconds.
Why create audio content?
Today audio is going through a renaissance, mainly thanks to the ubiquity of internet-connected devices. Estimates suggest that more than three-quarters of Americans and Brits own smartphones.
More than 39 million U.S. adults keep a smart speaker at home or at work—a 128% increase over the past year; and in the U.K, more than 6.9 million adults keep a smart speaker at home or at work— a 187% increase year over year (Deloitte 2019).
These devices give campaigns the potential to better target voter preferences as Americans and Brits flock to new ways of listening to music, podcasts, and radio. 1 in 2 Americans listen to streaming audio every week, while in Britain streaming audio reaches more than 90% of the population. There are even more streaming listeners than total voters in the entire 2016 election.
Campaign managers and consultants have recognized the explosion in audio consumption, but right now, your blog posts, newsletters and manifestos aren’t being heard by some audiences since audio content is often expensive and time consuming to produce.
You can use SpeechKit to suit your audio campaign needs by making all your blog posts, newsletters, and manifestos available in audio.
Using state-of-the-art artificial voices, SpeechKit can generate audio in seconds and at a fraction of the cost of hiring a human narrator—making it possible to bring audio to all your content.
Adding audio to your campaign can supporter engagement, expand your reach and, most importantly, get your message heard by making it accessible to all.
How do I get started?
Adding audio to your blog posts, newsletters and manifestos is as easy as uploading a video and embedding it into your post. You can use our [step-by-step guide] for instructions or contact our team at [email protected].
How much does it cost?
It’s free to start, and available long-term with packages from $0.45 per audio blog post, newsletter, or manifesto.
Login to your SpeechKit account. If you don't have an account you can create one here.
Setting up a Project
- Click on create New Project then follow the tutorial
- Select your language and choose which voice you want to read the headlines and articles
- Select Manual
- Enter the name and website of your publication. It's ok too if you're just using this for personal use!
- If you would like to embed your audio then give you radio player the color you want (optional) and add a logo (optional)
Generating your first Audio Article
- Now that your Project is all set=up, click on "add article"
- Choose between Manual and URL
- In the case of Manual input the text you want to convert into audio and then press "Generate Article."
Sharing your article
- Press on the breadcrumb menu to the right of the audio headline and click on "Embed or Copy article url"
- You will now be able to share the URL for that audio or embed if anywhere you want.