To help you prepare for the launch of your NationBuilder app or integration, here are guidelines for creating press and marketing materials that reference NationBuilder.
Before publishing your materials or press release, send them to Farz Sokhansanj for review.
Table of contents
- Using NationBuilder's name
- Using the NationBuilder branding
- Crafting announcements
- Promoting your integration
- Working with NationBuilder's organizers
- Information needed for inclusion on our apps page
- Language and style
Using NationBuilder’s name
When referring to your application or integration, do not use the NationBuilder name in a way that suggests sponsorship or endorsement by NationBuilder. Instead highlight the benefits that the application provides to NationBuilder customers. Don’t use NationBuilder’s name with plus signs or ampersands (+ or &).
Using the NationBuilder branding
Please refer to the NationBuilder brand resources page to download our logo and for full branding guidelines.
Do not modify or alter our logo in any way including adding taglines or making other additions that appear to be part of the logo. Do not use plus signs or ampersands (+ or &) with our logo or use it in a way that suggests sponsorship or endorsement.
When writing headlines or press releases, don’t give the impression that NationBuilder is announcing any news.
- Incorrect: Company and NationBuilder today announce a new finance app
- Correct: Company today announced a new finance app built on NationBuilder
- [Organization] is launching a new application on NationBuilder.
- [Organization] has integrated with NationBuilder to make [Activity] easier.
- Using [App] you can now do [Activity] and your data will be updated in your nation.
Promoting your integration
Developers are responsible for press outreach and promotion of their integration or application. We generally don’t participate in press opportunities but we’re always open to ideas. Please contact Farz Sokhansanj.
Working with NationBuilder organizers
We encourage app builders and integrators to work with our Business Development and Organizing teams to identify opportunities to serve NationBuilder customers.
Our API is fully open, which means that there will often be various products serving similar needs within our ecosystem. We welcome special offers for NationBuilder customers, but please do not offer incentives or referral programs to staffers at NationBuilder. Our role is to ensure customers get connected with the apps that make the most sense for them, period.
If you'd like to learn more about presenting your product to our organizers and how to best work with our customers, contact Farz Sokhansanj.
Information needed for inclusion on our apps page
We like to highlight apps or integrations on our website. We need the following information for your application to be included.
- The name of your firm or application
- A high resolution version of your logo plus an 80x80 thumbnail
- Primary contact name (if relevant), contact phone, contact email address
- NationBuilder customer-specific landing page link or application home page link
- A description of your app’s benefits for NationBuilder customers in up to 200 characters - bullets are OK, up to four.
- Basic pricing details, such as a range or minimum
- Confirmation of which of these tags you'd like to be listed under for identification of which customers segments your app is appropriate for: "Data", "Field", "Crowd engagement", "Communication", "Mobile”, "Content management." If distribution of your application is limited to certain groups, please let us know.
Email your information to Farz Sokhansanj at email@example.com.
Language and style
Words not to use:
- Don’t refer to your integration as “the first-ever” or “the first in the industry.” NationBuilder is an open platform and we can’t verify which apps are first in any category.
- Use “NationBuilder customers” or “people” instead of the words “users” or “clients”
- Use “integrated with NationBuilder” or “NationBuilder integration” or “app on NationBuilder”
- Refer to NationBuilder as a “platform,” a “community organizing system,” “organizing platform,” or “community building platform”
- It’s “NationBuilder” NOT “Nationbuilder” or "Nation Builder.”
- It’s “nation” NOT “Nation.”
- Use “control panel” NOT “the back end,” “the admin,” or “the console.” “The dashboard” is a view inside the control panel.
- NationBuilder capital is “political capital” or “social capital” or “currency” NOT “points.”
- Features should not be referred to as “tools.” Use “NationBuilder surveys” NOT “NationBuilder’s survey tool.”