Recurring Twitter imports pull people who follow a Twitter account into your nation. You can also pull in the accounts someone follows on Twitter. This allows you to expand your Twitter outreach of like-minded people. Using filters, you can tailor outreach to these prospects.
Note that each Twitter profile imported will count towards the total number of people in your database, which could increase cost. Please review our pricing to see how it might affect your nation.
- Start a new recurring import
- Ongoing recurring imports
- Filtering your imported profiles
- Related HOWTOs
Start a new recurring import
Set up a Twitter import at People > More > Import.
Click “New recurring import.”
To import everyone who follows a Twitter account, select “Twitter followers.” Import everyone a Twitter account follows by selecting “Twitter followings.”
1. Name the import in the “Name” textbox. Keep it relevant to the Twitter handle you are importing.
2. Enter the Twitter handle. Don’t include the “@” symbol.
3. Add automated workflow elements including tags, membership and paths. We strongly recommend adding a tag specific to every recurring import for easy filtering later. Consider developing a tag system. For example, label imports with a version of “Follows @ Twitter handle" or "Follower @ Twitter handle."
4. Click “Save recurring import.”
Ongoing recurring imports
All recurring imports are viewable at People > More > Import > # recurring imports. Every import will be listed. Details will include the control panel user who created the import and the latest status.
Status shows the last time a recurring import was completed. Recurring imports will refresh every few hours, indicated as "status." New followers will be pulled in during the refresh. If an account stops interacting with a Twitter handle, the tag will not be removed, nor will the profile be deleted from your nation. End a recurring import by clicking .
Filtering your imported profiles
Imported profiles will be viewable in the People section.
You can run filters for different criteria including keywords in Twitter bios, social influence (by Klout or number of followers), and location. Use the tags you added when creating the import to sort profiles based on relevant Twitter accounts.
Recurring imports will open new windows to profiles already involved in your nation and expand your outreach efforts exponentially.