Effective date: May 1, 2018
This acceptable use policy (“Acceptable Use Policy”) comprises Additional Terms and applies to your use of the Services provided by 3dna Corp. dba NationBuilder. Also, remember that your use of the Services of 3dna Corp. dba NationBuilder (“our”, “us”, “we”, "NationBuilder", or "3dna") are at all times subject to our Master Terms of Service located at www.nationbuilder.com/tos (the “Master Terms”), which incorporate this Acceptable Use Policy. Any capitalized terms used but not defined in this Acceptable Use Policy without defining them have the definitions given to them in the Master Terms.
When you use the Services (for any purpose whatsoever, including to organize, communicate or disseminate content), whether for your own use or the use of your Networked Nations, you must not (and you agree not to):
- use the Services outside of the interfaces we have provided or remove or alter notices, trademarks or logos provided with the Services;
- engage in any unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spam laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act (note: while the Services may include features which are intended to assist you in complying with these legal obligations—such as telephone exemption lists and email suppression lists—the accuracy and reliability of these features is not guaranteed, and you will remain fully responsible for any non-compliance even if you use such features) - further guidance can be found in our Email Acceptable Use Policy;
- use the service or content in any way that is designed or used to commit or facilitate any "phishing" attack;
- post any content or use the Service that is, in our judgment, designed to function as a farming bitcoin, bit-torrenting, pirated software website or illegal or unlicensed software or 'warez' website or “tor relay” service or website;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a Services-related system or network or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a Services-related system or network, or to perform any security integrity review, penetration test, load test, denial of service simulation or vulnerability scan on any Services-related system or network;
- use extreme bandwidth capacity in a way that threatens our infrastructure, including, but not limited to, overloading or attempting to overload the Service’s servers with any distributed denial of service (DDOS) or other overload method or attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques;
- take any action that imposes or may impose (at our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission, provided that these prohibitions do not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers;
- attempt to access Nations or Networked Nations that you are not authorized to access;
- upload, transmit or introduce any virus, worm, defect, Trojan horse, time bombs, date bombs, adware, spyware, other malware or similar destructive or harmful item to or via the Service;
- introduce any keystroke logging or any other monitoring code into the Service;
- interfere with the operation or availability of the Service, or the hardware, software and networks used to operate the Service;
- frame or mirror the Service or reformat it in any way;
- other than as specifically permitted by the Master Terms and any Addition Terms, sublicense or transfer any of your rights under this Agreement or otherwise use the Service for the benefit of a third party, to operate a service bureau or for resale of the Service;
- create or access your control panel or another nation’s control panel using any automated means or under false pretenses;
- store all or any portion of the Service on any storage or retrieval system or run the Service off a separate server;
- forward the Service, or any portion thereof, to another website or storage, other than for your own personal use;
- represent yourself as a business or enterprise that you do not own or control, unless you are authorized to do so by the person or entity owning the business or enterprise and can demonstrate such authorization upon request;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, publicly perform or display, transfer or otherwise make available the Service or any features or functionality of the Service to any third party for any reason, unless you are permitted to do so by us in the Master Terms of Service or otherwise in writing;
- infringe or violate the intellectual property rights (including copyrights), privacy rights or any other rights of anyone else (including 3dna);
- violate any law or regulation, including (without limitation) possessing or disseminating child pornography, facilitating sex trafficking, stalking, troll storming, threatening imminent violence, death or physical harm to any individual or group whose individual members can reasonably be identified, or inciting violence;
- use of the Services to organize or encourage others to violate any law or regulation;
- post or upload any content or use the Services in such a way that, in our reasonable discretion, is likely to expose 3dna to civil or criminal liability;
- jeopardize the security of your Services account or anyone else's (such as allowing someone else to log on as you on the Services);
- attempt, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- violate the security of any computer network, or crack any passwords or security encryption codes;
- interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by removing, disabling, circumventing or otherwise creating or implementing any workaround to any copy protection, rights management or security features in or protecting the Service or the content;
- modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, of the Service or any content or source code;
- use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services or others’ content or information not in accordance with our Master Terms of Service without our prior written consent;
- "scrape" any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or any content available through the Services (through use of manual or automated means); or
- decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services not in accordance with our Master Terms of Service without our prior written consent.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or misuse of the Service. We may: (a) investigate violations of this Acceptable Use Policy or misuse of the Service, or (b) remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Acceptable Use Policy. We may throttle back, suspend or terminate your use of email through the Service if you violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Email Acceptable Use Policy. If you become aware of any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. We will give you 24 hours notice when we do so, barring extenuating circumstances. Our reporting to law enforcement may include disclosing appropriate customer information and your content in your Nation. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Changes to This Policy
We're constantly trying to improve our Services, so we may need to change this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time as well, but we will alert you to changes by placing a notice on the Services, by sending you an email, and/or by some other means. Please note that if you've opted not to receive legal notice emails from us (or you haven't provided us with your email address), those legal notices will still govern your use of the Services, and you are still responsible for reading and understanding them. If you use the Services after any changes to the Acceptable Use Policy have been posted, that means you agree to the revised Acceptable Use Policy.