UPDATE 4/25: We found our person, we will announce who it is soon. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to apply.
We are looking for an experienced organizer to help grow our community of nation builders. The primary qualities we are looking for in this critical third member of our team are:
- You are an excellent writer and communicator across all media: emails, tweets, speeches, video.
- You are happiest when interacting with people, and people love being around you.
- Active in social media. If you don't tweet, this isn't for you.
- A distinctive, genuine, personality.
- Technically savvy, but you don't have to code or do HTML.
- Enjoy working from home with flexible hours, but lots of them.
- You should be as comfortable emailing customers as you are speaking at conferences.
- You are ready to take on the establishment.
You will be working with lots of political campaigns and non-profits, but this is a startup. We are funded, and the job includes stock options and health care benefits.
To apply, send an email to the email address you see in the footer of the page. It should include:
- Show us why we should interview you in 140 characters or less. (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it)
- Your Twitter account name
- If you are currently ghost-tweeting for an organizational account, let us know that too.
That's it, we don't want your resume, where you went to school, or anything like that. And we don't care how many followers you have, this is about your style, personality, and ability to communicate.
You know how the activity streams in the control panel for some individuals gets totally overwhelmed with following/unfollowing activity? I turned it off.
This does not impact the follow/unfollow of your broadcasters on Twitter, that will still show up as it is very useful. This just impacts the individuals following each other within your nation.
If you want it back (or find any other activities annoying), you can always adjust which dashboards any activity is displayed on under Settings > Activities.
You can now set up keywords so people can RSVP for an event just by texting you. Just go into event details for that page and click on "text keywords." You can then specify a keyword, like say GARDEN for a community garden event. Then anyone who texts that to your broadcaster will be RSVP'ed for your event, and will show up in your RSVP listings, your dashboard, the whole bit.
You will need text messaging set up for at least one broadcaster.
See how it works by texting GARDEN to 217-253-8637, which will RSVP you for this fake Abe for Prez community garden event.
You can also add keywords to petition and vote pledge pages in the same way, so when everyone shows up at your event, you can tell them to text SAVETHEGARDEN to sign your petition.
We hope this makes it even easier to organize folks who may not be online as much as we are. :)
'Have a real problem': Jim Gilliam on Silicon Valley culture
Posted by Kara Scharwath · May 22, 2013 4:56 PM · 3 reactions
Garcetti takes LA mayor's race - leaders using NationBuilder fare well across the board
Posted by Adriel Hampton · May 22, 2013 7:47 AM
We built NationBuilder so users with very limited technical knowledge can be quickly up and running. You do not need to know any HTML or CSS to setup your web site or create new pages. All the best practices for activities such as fundraising, petitions, surveys and so on are built-in, so you take advantage of them automatically. Facebook and Twitter are also automatically integrated, so you don't even need to figure out widgets. However, if you have HTML and CSS knowledge, you will be able to create custom themes and change everything down to the last detail.