Join the NationBuilder Ecosystem
NationBuilder partners are an indispensable part of our community, helping our customers to succeed and growing their own businesses in tandem with ours.
NationBuilder partners are consultancies, agencies, firms and freelancers who are committed to helping others build stronger, more effective communities via the NationBuilder platform. There are two types of partnerships:
Commercial Partners who are able to access discounted pricing on referring and reselling NationBuilder software.
Certified Partners who are experienced NationBuilder users with technical certification for different aspects of NationBuilder software (e.g. Website building, API, day-to-day)
All partners qualify for a number of benefits including technical and business support, access to our partner portal and directory, resources and much more. Find out more about different partnership opportunities below, or sign up today to hear more.
Which partner type are you interested in learning more about?
NationBuilder Partner Programs
Become a Partner
Become a NationBuilder partner and join hundreds of individuals and organizations who are making connections to NationBuilder customers, enabling them to engage their supporters in a more meaningful way whilst growing your business in the process. Or click through via the links above to find out more about each program.
Become a partner
Trusted by partners across the globe.
Our clients often have trouble creating a digital presence that connects their mission to their audience and donor base. Combining a web platform, communication tool, and people database in one platform, NationBuilder really shines when you’re rallying a community around your organization and work.
“We’ve believed in NationBuilder since its beginning: we built our entire business model around it, based our innovative growth strategy on it, became Alliance Partners and alpha- and beta-testers of its new features, and brought in 30 new clients in a single year last year.”
Tyler Johnson & Jeff Slater
Founders, Progressive Nation
“Our partnership with NationBuilder is central to our work as a digital campaign agency. We collaborate with their team daily — to help new non-profits launch their first website, develop advanced organizing systems for major campaigns, and everything in between. We really appreciate NationBuilder’s openness, adaptability, and commitment to fostering long-term, productive relationships with its clients and partners.”
Operations Director, Code Nation
What is a technical partner program?
NationBuilder has 3 technical partner program strands, also known as certifications. All of which have their own process to achieve certification.
- Architect: Website designers who create beautiful looking NationBuilder websites by developing custom themes.
- Developer: Utilise the NationBuilder API to build custom apps and extended functionality.
- Expert: Know NationBuilder functionality inside out to help organisations get the most out of NationBuilder, for example by helping to get data into a nation, configuring workflows or setting up front facing websites.
What is a commercial partner program?
As well as the technical programs, NationBuilder also has a number of commercial programs, whereby partners can gain access to discounted software or referral schemes in order to grow their own businesses. These are:
- Solutions: Referral and revenue share program for new, standard (Starter and Pro) customers
- Affiliate: Referral and revenue share program for new Enterprise customers
- Alliance: Reseller program for agencies and consultants who use NationBuilder on behalf of multiple clients. Alliance partners manage multiple client accounts and resell discounted licences with full control over pricing and data usage.
Can I be involved in more than one partner program?
Yes absolutely, many NationBuilder partners are both technically certified and also on a commercial partnerships program.
What benefits do NationBuilder partners get?
Some benefits vary depending on the specific program, but all partners can benefit from:
- Listing in our Partner Directory, where you can advertise your agency’s services to the thousands of existing NationBuilder customers
- Access to Partner Portal which includes a number of free resources, including training
- Co-marketing and joint sales opportunities
- Access to exclusive Slack community for ecosystem partners
- Early access to beta features and product roadmap insights
How does the NationBuilder Partner Directory work?
As a NationBuilder Partner you can gain access to our Partner Directory, meaning you can build out your own profile, advertising your work and listing out projects and case studies you’ve built in the past. This gives you exposure to thousands of existing NationBuilder customers who will be able to search based on the criteria that they need.
In order to set up your partner profile, just log in to the partner portal and update your settings via the image in the top right hand corner.
What is the NationBuilder Partner Matching Service?
The NationBuilder Partner Matching Service, powered by 99 Designs, is a service to help NationBuilder customers looking for certified professionals to help with their technical or strategic use of NationBuilder, and get connected with certified NationBuilder partners. Just fill out a simple form to tell us what you need and you’ll get introduced to professionals. For more information and to get started, click here.