Right now, inboxes across America are bombarded with political emails and phone lines are flooded in battle ground races. One simple method of communication can cut through the clutter: a text message.
There are many ways to use texting as we near Election Day, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Send a last minute volunteer ask, with a text keyword to sign up.
- Drive up small dollar donations by texting a link to your donate page.
- Coordinate Election Day poll checkers and volunteers with wake-up reminders and text replies to confirm they've arrived (this is much easier than a phone tree!)
- Send emails with text keywords to sign petitions and capture those mobile numbers. Remember, half of the emails you send are being read on a phone!
- Get folks off of the couch with a text message Election Day vote reminder.
If you're like me, you're doing everything you can for that extra dollar, volunteer, and vote. Set up your GOTV strategy in half an hour, so you can focus on the most important thing: getting your supporters to the polls.